The task tracking system, by Glenn Jenkins
Warning This is not a commercial product!
It exists to allow me to:
- hone my skills
- learn new skills
- demonstrate my abilities to potential employers, if I ever look for a new job
Danger Please assume all data you enter on this site will be publicly visible
Danger I reserve the right to delete any data on this system, including users, projects, tickets, comments, etc
Note I have used JIRA in the past, so any resemblance is unintentional
Now, have some fun
Please register and/or log in and have some fun
Main Technical Features
- Laravel MVC framework and Twitter Bootstrap GUI.
- Ticket descriptions & comments support markdown; used Parsedown to display
- Tickets can be related to other tickets and have:
- multiple parents
- multiple children
- Unlimited levels of parent-child relationships
- associations (ie "See also")
- Can be defined in the ticket description, or explicitly
- Date/time chooser courtesy of datetimepicker.
- Project "TickTack" in this application contains tickets for future fixes/enhancements. Register/log in to see them.
What I Want You To Do
I want to be as good as I possibly can be at all aspects of (LAMP) web development. My skills have become a little out of date, hence this project.
I need your help to point out where I can improve, things I should investigate, etc. I don't mind if you focus on one or two areas and give me feedback on them. Please use this application and its GitHub repository. Be as frank as you like - I'm very keen to improve. For your feedback, either add tickets or comments, or email me.
Areas to consider (ie where I want to improve):
- MVC generally
- Unit Tests (not implemented yet)
- Appearance, RWD
- Ease of use, quality of features
- Automation - SASS, Composer, etc (not started yet)
- Smartphone App (not started yet)
- Anything else you can think of!